Monday, March 28, 2011

The Feminine Home

"A man should hear a little music,
read a little poetry, and see a fine
picture everyday of his life, in order
that worldly cares may not obliterate
the sense of the beautiful which God
has implanted in the human soul."
         ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

     I love to look at beautiful pictures and read beautiful words - they comfort and inspire me and ultimately leave me with a sense that the world is lovely. I love to create beauty and to appreciate the beauty that others have created through their time and talent. Over the years I have learned many things about how to create beauty in a home, or within yourself, and to cultivate an appreciation for the finer things in life. As I have said before my Mother has that appreciation and has instilled it in me and supported my creativity as I have grown up and learned who I want to be. My Nana and Grandmother also have this appreciation, and so being surrounded by women whose elegance and style is so timeless and appealing has inevitably led me to want to be like them. I like to see that there are others out there - however far away - who have that same appreciation and are willing to share it with others. It encourages me in my dreams and goals and gives me hope for the future. One such lady is decorative artist Jo-Anne Coletti whose recent publication "The Feminine Home" I happened to discover before Christmas and purchased online. It is a fantastic 128 pages of beautiful and elegant home decor, artwork, poetry, and inspirational prose. I hope you will visit her blog and site to see more of her beautiful work and enjoy the pictures that I have taken of her gorgeous magazine which shows not only her beautiful home and work, but also the talent of others.

To purchase her magazine visit here: Vintage Rose Collection











1 comment:

  1. I entirely agree. I didn't have the ones to emulate, but I do have something within that was always uniquely mine. Now it is evolving into something else that I am discovering is called ''the French style'' :D. I have decided to go full bloom with my lace, linens, flowers, whites and sheers and fall in love with whatever it brings me. I DO love your artwork! blessings, Lady.

    ReplyDelete