Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Little Dress

"Dear March, come in!
 How glad I am!
 I looked for you before.
 Put down your hat-
 You must have walked-
 How out of breath you are!
 Dear March, how are you?
 And the rest?
 Did you leave Nature well?
 Oh, March, come right upstairs with me,
 I have so much to tell!"
               ~Emily Dickinson

    It is so cold right now it's hard to believe that the end of this month is supposed to herald the beginning of spring! Last year it was still snowing on my birthday in May! I hope that means this year will be kinder. I have taken some pictures of a doll's dress that I have - the lace is so beautiful and it has been embellished with a Meadowstreet rose. Stay tuned for an upcoming post about Meadowstreet you will not want to miss! For now enjoy my little dress...










                                                                  Drawing by Jennelise

No comments:

Post a Comment