Thursday, April 28, 2011

Drippy Crystals

"What would a room look like if your diamond ring inspired it?"
                                          ~Annette Tatum 'The Well Dressed Home'
  
     I saw a picture of a wall sconce with crystals once and the caption read "Dripping Wall Jewelry". Besides being a lovely photograph I found the comparison between the accessories we decorate our homes with and the baubles we adorn ourselves with to be charming! It's true that when we select objects to embellish a room the point is to draw the eye - to enhance or captivate. When I get up in the morning and choose an outfit, apply makeup, do my hair, etc, the last thing I do is open my jewelry box and select something from inside that will lend that finishing touch. Decorating with crystals really is a little like this finishing touch, a bit of bijoux for your room! Whether sparkling crystals hang around your neck or dangle from ceilings and walls the effect is the same...romance.



















Drawing by Jennelise

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just found you on Pinterest, and your blog is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to look around some more!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete