Monday, October 24, 2011

Black Heirlooms

"There are nights when the wolves are silent
and only the moon howls."
                   ~George Carlin

    When I was looking through Heirlooms Antiques in search of appropriately dark or halloweeny items for this set of photos I discovered how many fairly ordinary items can be transformed with the right setting into something spooky! My boss kept bringing me things that I would never have thought of and told me which angle would be best and what to put behind them. We had an interesting afternoon collecting these unusual and mysterious items for you to see! I have also included a video of Dolce and Gabbana's ad for the Jalou phone and a doodle I did in my sketchbook. I hope you enjoy them and remember that all it takes is a little atmosphere and the right mood to make even the ordinary a little straaaaange...



































Drawing by Jennelise

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennelise,

    Your right, you can make anything look spooky just in the way you photograph it. I love all your photos, especially the one with the hand carved holding a dagger. Your artwork is beautiful, I love your furniture illustrations! So happy to have met you!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Nancy! I appreciate that - your blog has been one of my favorites for a long time :) The hand holding the dagger was one of my favorite photos too. It was actually carved into the back of an antique chair that I noticed completely by coincidence. Take care!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I am just loving yours!! I am going to add you to by blogroll! Have a great day!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete