Friday, April 5, 2013

Soft and Lovely

"What is lovely never dies, but 
passes into other loveliness, star-dust, 
or sea-foam, flower or winged air."
                 ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich

      Sometimes when you are busy, with busy thoughts and busy things, the best thing to do is pause for a moment and reflect on something lovely (or pause and create something lovely). Let loveliness fill in the spaces inside of you that need to be filled with something besides work and worries. It is a simple solution to the wear on your spirit that happens when you keep your eyes in one direction for too long. And do you know what? Loveliness has a secret. A secret power which you will discover if you look long enough... Loveliness is like fine icing sugar - touch it and a little bit of loveliness will cling to you and everything that you touch afterwards will become miraculously, magically, and sometimes even mercifully a bit more lovely too. 

Sharing this post with:
Pink Saturday














NEW TO THE ETSY STORE!! 
Two new small original pieces of artwork by Jennelise. 

~Lilac and Rose Dolls~



15 comments:

  1. bonjour
    je découvre votre blog
    qui est d' un pur romantisme
    j' aime beaucoup toutes ces déclinaisons de rose
    à très bientôt
    tendresse
    edith (iris)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Discovering your blog has been a pleasure!!!!!!!
    I´m really glad visiting you
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pic' are simply divine ;)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, your pictures are absolutely LOVELY! So is your blog. We have similar taste in vintage. :)

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennelise, thank you for sharing your loveliness with us. I always feel calm and inspired after a visit with you. Gorgeous as always.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful as always! I absolutely ADORE your little brown chair! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennelise,

    I love your post, blog and
    your artwork is beautiful.

    Have a wonderful day,
    from your new follower.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your post-it really was lovely!

    Hope you have had a great weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz (via Pink Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise and beautiful, dear friend...
    Thank YOU for bringing so much joy and loveliness to us....
    Adore the sweet new pieces...
    I am still so giddy from the treasure you have created for my dear sister!
    A splendid week to you, dear Jennelise!
    xoxoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennelise,
    How gorgeous! I love lace and roses, china and softness. You have displayed it all so elegantly with a touch of pink. Thank you for the smile and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your desk and all of your pictures! I have to ask, do you make the fabric roses? Would you tell me how to make some for my home? Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! I don't make them unfortunately - I would love to learn how. :) I buy the silk, hand-dyed flowers from meadowstreet.com and the two pink flowers with the lace are from an etsy store called Burlap and Bling. She makes bridal bouquets that are just stunning! I know that there are tutorials on pinterest if you look up fabric flowers or ribbon flowers too but I haven't tried them yet. Thanks for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the info. I will be ordering some too. I've really enjoyed reading and looking at your past blogs. Your home is beautiful!

      Delete