Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Treasured Moments

"To love beauty is to see light."
             ~Victor Hugo

    I wonder sometimes about the passage of time. Everything runs so quickly and with such frantic energy sometimes I watch it passing me by and worry that I'm missing the essence of things. I tell myself that I don't have time to pause - read a few pages of a book, take a walk, sit in the garden. Those moments can't be wasted when there is so much to do! -And yet when I do pause I find myself becoming more aware of things around me, as if my mind was craving that small moment of rest and with it became clearer and better able to cope with all of the things I am pushing at it. Sometimes we just need to be still. Remember who we are and what we like. Look more closely at the people around us. Find moments of calm and beauty amidst the hurry and wear. 

That is my thought for the day! I know it is a frantic time of year for most people - the end of summer play and the beginning of a whole new season. I hope you are all taking the time to enjoy the change and stealing small moments of stillness to rejuvenate your spirit. 

I have been busy too! I am one of those people who finds it hard to relax and yet desperately needs to for her own mental and physical well-being. I'm learning when it is important to take those moments. Still there are always things that need to be done and one of them is adding a few new treasures to the Etsy Shop! I hope you will all have a look at these pretty things and that you have a wonderful and happy week! 






















I am sharing with:


7 comments:

  1. Every thing is beautiful,
    I seen you on Ivy & Elephants
    I will definitely look around your etsy shop at your treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have an etsy shop... love the painting with roses in the basket. Also loved your words, its so easy to be busy all the time and miss the little things that pass us by. Worry, I do that with my children all the time... A lovely reminder! Thanks for popping by my blog, lovely to meet you. Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and wise post, sweet friend...I often feel the same way...
    And gorgeous treats for your shop! I am keeping everything in mind for the holidays!!
    I hope your week is splendid...
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovelies in your etsy shop!! I enjoyed your thoughtful post. When I take the time for those quiet moments, I find my day goes so much smoother!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quote! Thanks for sharing these beautiful goodies and your sweet thoughts, reminds me to stop and smell the roses:)Love the delicately beautiful egg cups and pillow...so pretty! Happy weekend! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quote! Thanks for sharing these beautiful goodies and your sweet thoughts, reminds me to stop and smell the roses:)Love the delicately beautiful egg cups and pillow...so pretty! Happy weekend! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! these are so awesome, I enjoyed your thoughtful post.Luxury Beds and Mattresses

    ReplyDelete