Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Outings and Treasures

"I quite like antiques. I 
like things that are old 
and the history that they 
bring with them."
           ~Walton Goggins

Summer is almost over and I feel a bit sad. I hope the warm weather will last into September! I am not ready for Fall (let's not even mention the "W" word). This last week I went on a little antiquing outing and snapped a few pictures of the pretties I saw with my phone. I also had a nice visit with a friend and came home with this beautiful gift that she made! Such incredible detail! 



She made the bird herself! I love its sweet little face. :) 

There are some new treasures in the Etsy Shop as well so be sure to have a look! 
****************************

















I am sharing with: 

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing antique shop. Love the etched crystal, the roses china, the jewelry - just give me one of each! It's all beautiful. Still wishing we had similar shops where I live (sigh.) Thanx for sharing, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine! I know what you mean I always see pretty things there and I have to be very selective :) Hope you are having a wonderful week!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. So many pretty sparklies, what a gorgeous place to shop. l really love the old typewriter. The sweet gift from your friend is lovely, she's put so much thought and effort into it, ....hope the sun shines for you over the weekend Jennelise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yes my friend put a lot of time and talent into this little present! I hope that you are having a wonderful week also! Take care!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. So many lovelies!! The gift from your friend is so pretty and adorable.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful things, Jennelise! You live in an antique rich area which must be great fun to discover on your outings. I'm with you on summer – I'd be so happy with another month of lovely weather! Hoping you have a beautiful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to collect rare antiques and I already have some rare mirror but I want to add this awesome mirror in my collection that you have shown in above images. I hope, it will be a nice piece in my existing collection. What is its price?

    ReplyDelete