Friday, December 4, 2015

French Table

"Of all the months of the year
there is not a month one-half
so welcome to the young, or so
full of happy associations, as the
last month of the year..."
                  ~Charles Dickens

   I have been fighting a bad cold for a week and I have concluded that December is the worst time of the year to be sick! There is just so much to do! Since I was a toddler though I seem to have been sick at some point in many of the Decembers of my life! My Mum always used to say that my body couldn't handle the excitement. :) Well I am not letting it slow me down too much. I have recruited helpers to get me through all of the Christmas orders for the shop and general errands. I made my sister and little niece name tags in the shape of pink stockings that said "Jennelise Rose Employee" on them. The nice thing about these two "employees" is that they don't mind being paid in christmas treats! 
  I finally managed to take a few pictures today and I thought I would share another fantastic find with you. This stunning French brass table with an alabaster top came home with me back in November. I have never seen anything like this before! It is so romantic with curves and filigree. I wasn't sure if it would fit in my house because I don't have anything else like it but it worked out perfectly! I adore it!          
  I hope that everyone has begun their December in a flurry of fun and anticipation for the season! I will be posting more Christmas decor soon!












12 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?! This new-found piece is beyond beautiful. Lucky you - you've found yourself a Christmas present. (I think I see your name written on it - it called to you!) I don't know where you shop for your treasures, but you seem to score quite often. Timing is everything I guess . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thankyou for your sweet comment! I do a lot of hunting and leg work :) I've been on a lot of day and weekend trips out of town searching for pretties for the shop for Christmas in the last few months and just happened to find a few things for myself in the process! That is always fun! :) Hope you are having a wonderful December!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. What a lovely area of your pretty home. You have it beautifully appointed, every single thing is just perfectly situated together. Well done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I'm very pleased with it :) You're a sweetheart!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  3. Your new frenchy display table is simply gorgeous ......
    Such beautiful details she has....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mari! Always so lovely to hear from you!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful piece and you have decorated it so nicely. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! You're so kind!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear you've not been well Jennelise, l hope you make a speedy recovery....l love your idea of employee nametags for your sis and niece:-) Your French table is divine and the perfect piece for your beautiful home. Hugs and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much! I get colds a lot during the winter which isn't much fun. :P I'm doing a lot better now though. I hope that you are having a lovely December so far!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  6. Love this!! What a beautiful piece...

    ReplyDelete