Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Vignettes Antiques San Diego

"I promptly said that life was a
random series of beautifully composed
vignettes, loosely tied together by a 
string of characters and time." 
                 ~Mahbod Seraji 


   If you ever peruse my Pinterest boards, particularly the one dedicated to dream shopping destinations, you will probably discover that about 75% of the pictures are of the same store. This is because I have been dreaming about this particular shop since I first saw photos of it years ago and it has become something of a fantasy for me. I had placed it at the top of my daydream shopping scenarios - right up there with Paris in fact! I told myself that one day I would get to see it and by complete chance and happy circumstances my dream came true! The shop is called VIGNETTES and it is just one of the beautiful antique stores to be found in the Ocean Beach antique district of San Diego California. It sits two blocks from the ocean under an elegant black and white striped awning and is home to a paradise of treasures. I have never been so excited to step through a door and I was definitely not disappointed!  Layered ornate frames, draping lace and chandeliers, French curio cabinets filled with vintage tiaras, entire rooms glinting gold with Italian tole ware and Florentine - I was in immediate heaven! The trouble as always is choosing what special treasures to bring home and because I was travelling I was limited to smaller items. I will definitely have to return to this dream spot again one day but for now here is a little glimpse of my visit! 





















1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl! Did they have to scrape you off the ceiling?

    ReplyDelete